Owensboro dentists, Dr. David Thompson and Dr. Vicki Frey, are partners in life as well as dentistry. This talented husband and wife team brings the atmosphere of a family home to their dental practice for patients of Owensboro and Philpot, KY. These Owensboro dentists’ approach to dentistry, work ethic, skills, and expertise are compatible and complimentary. Together, Dr. David Thompson and Dr. Vicki Frey provide comprehensive family dentistry care for every member of your family. They, and their dedicated staff, have been keeping Owensboro, Kentucky smiling since 1986.
The Owensboro dentists are active members of the community, and supporters of charitable causes. Dr. David Thompson and Dr. Vicki Frey volunteer with programs including Impact 100, local Catholic Schools, local softball and baseball teams, as well as several ministries and church clubs.
When not working, Dr. David Thompson and Dr. Vicki Frey enjoy spending time with friends and family, especially their three beautiful children, Taryn, Ryan, and Alli. They are dedicated fans of the sports teams at both the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville. The Owensboro dentists’ favorite pastimes include relaxing at the lake, boating, and snow skiing. Dr. David Thompson enjoys spending time outdoors and Dr. Vicki Frey enjoys cooking, reading, and walking.
The doctors attended dental school together at the University of Kentucky, where they both earned Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degrees. Dr. David Thompson completed an additional residency in general practice with the University of Kentucky. Both doctors hold licenses issued by the Board of Dentistry of Kentucky, and they have completed many special training and continuing education programs, including:
- Semi-annual courses with Total Patient Service Institute (Dental Excellence & Management Company).
- The Hornbrook Group’s Advanced Education in Aesthetic & Restorative Dentistry (Functional Anterior Aesthetic Program).
- Six Month Smiles course.
- Sleep Apnea course with Dr. Kent Smith in Dallas.
- Invisalign® course.
- Soft Tissue Laser course.
- Oral Sedation Dentistry, DOCS Education.
- DURAthin Veneer Clinician.
- Case Acceptance for Complete Dentistry, Dr. Paul Homoly.
- The Hornbrook Group’s Advanced Education in Aesthetic & Restorative Dentistry (Ultimate Occlusion Program).
- CEREC Integration: The Value of Time, Great Lakes Education Center.
- 3M Mini Implant Certification.
Drs. Thompson and Frey have received many certificates of accomplishment and recognition including:
- Completion of Comprehensive Training Course: Certificate of Recognition from CEREC
- Demonstrating a Commitment to Excellence in Advanced Dental Technology: Certificate of Recognition from CEREC
- Certificate of Outstanding Performance: American Academy of Periodontology
The doctors have also received the honor of being invited to join the Crown Council, a respected organization of advanced dental practices with an outstanding dedication to oral health and patient care. This distinction is only offered to select practices meeting strict criteria, and eligibility is reviewed annually.