In this post from Thompson & Frey Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Owensboro, we talk about dental bonding.
Dental bonding is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures used and it’s easy to see why. Dental bonding is an effective treatment for several different cosmetic problems.
Bonding uses a very sturdy resin material that is tooth-colored. The material is applied to the teeth while it is soft, much like putty, and then it is set with a special light. This hardens the material which then bonds with the tooth and can be shaped and polished as needed.
Dentists will usually consider dental bonding in the following cases:
1. Repairing decayed, chipped, or cracked teeth
2. To fill spaces between teeth
3. Protecting tooth roots when the gums have receded
4. To change the general shape of teeth
5. To repair discoloration as part of a complete smile makeover
Contact Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):